Tuesday, August 26, 2008

OMG, It's started

Jake took his first two independant steps last night. He "walked" from Steve to me. Steve's comment was that he was really falling forward and catching himself. However, I contend, that's what walking is: a series of controlled falls. None the less, if we had it on video, he took 2 or 3 steps and I'm counting it! So there! He is also getting more willing to stand without support. His favorite place to do this, unfortunately, is in the tub. I'm wondering if they don't have those things like they use to train people on the trapeze or use for the flying scenes in movies for babies. We're going to need one.

1 comment:

Robin said...

I count it! Very cool! {: > By the way, Steve asked me what his first word was, so when I looked up his first birthday picture, I checked it out. It was "dog" at 11 months. (Methings I was probably extrapolating a bit on that - but we did have 2 German shepherds at the time.)