Monday, January 12, 2009

He-who-must-not-be-named



This time I'm not talking about Voldemort. Although I would probably have welcomed him in to my home with open arms if he could have kept the little red monster out.

Jake has become a fan of Elmo. He sits up straight whenever he comes on the screen, can say his name (OK, it comes out more like "MeMa" but it's consistent and decidedly not "MaMa"), and will actually turn around and come into the den if he hears the theme music. I guess it could be worse. It could be Barney or, God forbid, Calliou, but still, I thought I'd have more time before this started.

I don't want to ban Sesame Street, but I think this may be harder than overcoming my loarthing of melon. At least when I cut up melon, it doesn't run through my head for the rest of the day. Da da da da... da da da da.. Elmo's world...

1 comment:

Robin said...

Probably the first in a long list of characters he'll be a fan of. {: > It will be fun going through this blog in years to come and remembering them all!

Love,
Mamaw
(Starting to need a Jake fix and wondering if I can fit a visit in - hmmm!)