Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Swimming for Fathers' Day


Sunday we went to Grandma Lynn's to go swimming on Fathers' Day. Jake had a great time.

We've decided that the July 4th weekend will be potty training weekend. I've ordered pirate undies and we're talking about him dropping diapers and using the potty. Last night, after running around in the play pool au natural for a while, I gave him some big boy undies to wear. He was super excited about them. However, the only undies we have are SpongeBob (thanks Uncle Bri and Auntie Kirs), so I had to let him watch the show because he had no idea who SpongeBob was. He wanted to watch again today, but it didn't seem like it was going to become an obsession. I hope.

Yeah, he had an accident, but that's going to happen and it was a good demo of why you can't pee in the undies like you do in the diaper. I'm sure it will sink in over the long weekend. While I'm excited not to spend $80 a month on diapers any more, I'm a little freaked out at the amount of work it's going to be. Oh well, nothing lasts forever!

No comments: