Friday, June 15, 2012

Mommy Jake Week - Days 3 and 4

Day 3: Today was our slug day. We watched movies and made suncatchers. Jake needed a rest and it wasn't hard for me to rest too! In the afternoon we went to the Folsom Aquatic Center and swam for 3 HOURS! Jake made a new friend (of course) and spent the whole time jumping into the water with him. He really seemed to be over his fear of getting his face in the water. He even spent a lot of time jumping off of a deck that was about 18" above the water! And even though we weren't "practicing" his swimming got a lot better just trying to keep up with the other boy. We had snack with the boy and his mom, who was really nice, and Jake insisted I give them a card. He got a little sun on his face and fell asleep on the way home. I got burned to a crisp. Like "can't sleep at night" burned. Really should have done something to stop that. DoH.

Day 4: After 4 days of playing Wii, Jake and I decided to try some actual sports. So, after taking Daddy his meds AGAIN, we went to Big 5 and bought cheap tennis racquets, new goggles (though Jake swam all day the day before without goggles), and a cheap putter for me. We went home for a bit and played tennis (tip: never play tennis with two Shiba Inus, see picture) in the yard for a bit. Then we went to Sonic for lunch and spent 3 hours at Wacky Tacky, 2 of them with Cassie and Alicia. While Jake was super exited to see Cassie, they have an interesting relationship and he got tired of her bossing him around to play with her. Between that and being tired, it was time to go. Guitar class came next, then dinner at our least favorite place (Jake's favorite), Lumberjack's. Ick.
Honestly, at this point in the week I was expecting to understand why some animals eat their young. I thought I would be begging to go back to work. Alas, no. While Jake misses his friends, I will be crying on Monday when I have to go back to work and spend the day apart from my guy. He amazes me and cracks me up. His stories and jokes are darling. I love watching his mind work and watching him learn new things. Mommy Jake week will definately have to become an annual tradition!

No comments: